The sky is the limit when you can teach yourself new skills using video tutorials and online courses.
We recommend the FREE learning resources listed below. Explore these self-paced online options to grow your tech skills.
If you need assistance getting started or if you run into questions, join us for one-on-one Tech Tutoring.
- Books 24x7 IT Pro - Robust collection of ebooks, videos and instructional content to support your computer learning needs. Stay up to date with software productivity tools, graphic design software, database management and networking, and more.
- Class Central - Best courses from universities and programs around the web.
- edX - Free courses from leading universities that includes computer science courses for beginners and advanced learners.
- Open Culture - Links to free online courses in computer science and many other topics.
- Virtual Privacy Lab - From San Jose Public Library. Learn about privacy topics and generate a custom privacy toolkit geared towards your online needs.
- Webucator - Provides many online self-paced courses on Web Development, Microsoft, Adobe, Java and more, completely free for our library cardholders. To register for a course:
- Go to the Self-paced Courses page.
- Browse through the courses and select a course you are interested in.
- Click the Register Now button under "Self-paced 24/7 Training."
- Fill out your information.
- In the Payment box, at the bottom, select "Webucator Vouchers" and enter the number 9440246.
- Click Register. After filling out the registration form, you will receive email instructions for logging in and accessing your course.