The sky is the limit when you can teach yourself new skills using video tutorials and online courses.
We recommend the FREE learning resources listed below. Explore these self-paced online options to grow your tech skills.
If you need assistance getting started or if you run into questions, join us for one-on-one Tech Tutoring.
- Class Central - Best courses from universities and programs around the web.
- edX - Free courses from leading universities that includes computer science courses for beginners and advanced learners.
- Open Culture - Links to free online courses in computer science and many other topics.
- Webucator - Provides many online self-paced courses on Web Development, Microsoft, Adobe, Java and more, completely free for our library cardholders. To register for a course:
- Go to the Self-paced Courses page.
- Browse through the courses and select a course you are interested in.
- Click the Register Now button under "Self-paced 24/7 Training."
- Fill out your information.
- In the Payment box, at the bottom, select "Webucator Vouchers" and enter the number 9440246.
- Click Register. After filling out the registration form, you will receive email instructions for logging in and accessing your course.
- Center for Humane Technology - Independent and non-profit organization identifying the ledger of harms related to technology and working with technologists to help solve these problems. Check out their page on taking control of your smartphone.
- Virtual Privacy Lab - Use this resource from the San Jose Public Library to learn about privacy topics and generate a custom privacy toolkit geared towards your online needs.