Branch Locations & Hours - Felton
Felton, CA 95018-9140 ( View Map)
Telephone Reference: 831-427-7713
Branch Services — Beyond Books...
- Public Internet Access
3 machines with internet and Microsoft Office with one hour time limit; printing is 15¢ per page
- Teen Self Help Collection
- Wireless Internet Access
About the Branch:
Square Feet: 1,250
The structure that is now the Felton Branch Library was built as the Presbyterian Church in Felton in 1893. Constructed in a traditional, New England style the building served the Presbyterians until 1955, when a larger facility was built nearby.
The vacant building was then purchased by Nick and Faye G. Belardi with the intent of dismantling the structure and building a family home on the site. At the same time, the Felton Branch of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries was looking to move out of a room in the Community Hall into a larger facility. The local community developed a plan to not only save the old church building but also establish a larger library in town by moving the church building to a vacant spot on the old Felton school grounds. Negotiations for purchasing the building were underway when Mrs. Belardi was killed in an auto accident in August of 1955.
Following Mrs. Belardi's death, Mr. Belardi offered the building and site to the community as a memorial to his wife. Renovated by March 1956, the Faye G. Belardi Memorial Library was formally opened on April 15, 1956.
The Felton Branch celebrated its 50th anniversary in April, 2006. At 116 years of age, this is the oldest branch building in the City-County Library System and is a major landmark in the town of Felton, California.
Last updated by teeterj on Oct. 18, 2011
- Sun Closed
- Mon Closed
- Tue 1 PM - 6 PM
- Wed 1 PM - 6 PM
- Thu 11 AM - 6 PM
- Fri 11 AM - 5 PM
- Sat 10 AM - 2 PM
Upcoming Branch Events
Tue, July 5