Homework Help is available free to all students under 18 years of age from Sept 28 - May 25, 2016. No appointment is needed.
Reach for Every Amazing Detail
R.E.A.D. is the Santa Cruz Public Libraries’ new reading comprehension program for students grades 2-12. Students receive 30 minutes of individual instruction from a California credentialed teacher!
Great websites for kids!
A list of ALA recommended websites sorted by subject. There is a LOT of really great websites for kids of all ages listed here. Some great examples are listed below. Check out the site for more great suggestions
- Lincoln Park Zoo, Chicago - The Lincoln Park Zoo Web site strives to build understanding and respect for wildlife and natural lands across the world.
- The science of baseball - From the Exploratorium in San Francisco
- Play kids games - Check out math, alphabet and logic games designed for younger children and their parents.
- Smithsonian Tween Tribune - Looking for articles about science, history or current events? This interactive site features content for grades 5-8
Mon, Oct. 5
- Live Oak Toddler Time
- Story Time at Garfield Park Library
- Kids Craft- Downtown
- R.E.A.D.: Reach Every Amazing Detail @ Downtown
- Cuéntame un cuento- Spanish Story Time
Tue, Oct. 6
- Aptos Toddler Time
- Branciforte Toddler Time
- La Selva Beach Preschool Storytime
- Scotts Valley Preschool Story Time
- Felton DIY Crafts
- Homework Help @ La Selva Beach
- Homework Help @ Scotts Valley
- Homework Help @ Downtown
- Lego Club @ Scotts Valley
- Family Arts & Crafts- Garfield Park
- Aptos Youth Chess Club
Wed, Oct. 7
- Boulder Creek Toddler Time
- Live Oak Preschool Storytime
- Aptos Preschool Storytime
- Lego & Duplo Fun!
- Felton DIY Crafts
- Tales to Tails - Capitola
- Homework Help @ Boulder Creek
- Homework Help @ Garfield Park
- Lego Simple Machines I @ Aptos
Thu, Oct. 8
- Scotts Valley Toddler Time
- Downtown Preschool Story Time
- Boulder Creek Family Crafts
- Minecraft.edu @ La Selva Beach
- Lego Club @ Garfield Park
Fri, Oct. 9