Summer Reading Program 2016!
Welcome to the Santa Cruz Public Libraries' Summer Reading Program 2016 - GAME ON: READ! A summer reading and activities program for all ages!
This year our theme of GAME ON: READ! celebrates the wide range of games that keep our minds and bodies healthy and active! From sports and outdoor games, to strategy video games and tabletop games; spend your summer discovering the wide range of exciting, educational and physical benefits of games.
Click the giant button to sign up for Summer Reading:
2016 Outstanding International Books for Children
Beginning in 2006 the United States Board on Books for Young People (USBBY) has selected an honor list of international books for young people.
Presenting the 2016 USBBY Outstanding International Books List - Welcome Disruptions
By Terry Hong -- School Library Journal, February 2016
The Outstanding International Books (OIB) committee is charged with selecting international books that are deemed most outstanding of those published during the calendar year. For the purposes of this honor list, the term "international book" is used to describe a book published or distributed in the United States that originated or was first published in a country other than the U.S.
2016 Amelia Bloomer List
Printable Brochure of Kids’ (Early Readers & Middle Grade) Titles from the 2016 List:
Printable Brochure of Teen Titles from the 2016 List:
Sun, July 24
Mon, July 25
- Preschool Storytime @ Garfield Park
- Toddler Time @ Live Oak
- DIY Crafts @ Scotts Valley
- Cuéntame un cuento- Spanish Storytime @ Live Oak
Tue, July 26
- Toddler Time @ Branciforte
- Toddler Time @ Aptos
- Preschool Storytime @ La Selva Beach
- Preschool Storytime @ Scotts Valley
- Summer Reading 2016 @ Branciforte
- Family Crafts at Felton
- Youth Chess Club @ Aptos
- Tales to Tails @ Scotts Valley
Wed, July 27
- Toddler Time @ Boulder Creek
- Preschool Storytime @ Live Oak
- Lego & Duplo Fun! @ Boulder Creek
- Tales to Tails @ Capitola
Thu, July 28