Capitola Grand Opening Celebration
We are so pleased to announce the Grand Opening Celebration of the Capitola Branch Library on June 12, 2021!
The festivities will begin virtually with an online ceremony from 10:00am - 12:00pm. After the virtual ceremony, tours of the branch in small groups will be available to the community by appointment between 1:00pm and 5:00pm. To attend the virtual ceremony, register at: bit.ly/CapitolaGrandOpening.
The Virtual Ceremony features a video tour, a Ribbon Cutting, and speakers, including:
- Capitola Mayor Yvette Brooks
- Library Director Susan Nemitz
- Gayle Ortiz, President of the Friends of the Capitola Library
Tour appointments are available at 10-minute intervals through an online signup sheet located at bit.ly/TourCapitola. For those without internet access, please call 831-427-7713 and library staff will schedule your appointment. These tours will offer a short visit, no library services will be available on the day of the Grand Opening. Tours will continue for two weeks after the branch opens for Active Browsing service on Tuesday June 15th.
A Virtual Tour is available on Youtube here: https://youtu.be/5Jx-gCBo-9E.
Summer Hours at the Capitola Branch until July 10th will be as follows:
- Tuesday & Thursday 1:00pm - 6:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Friday & Saturday 12:00pm - 5:00pm
After July 10, summer hours for the Capitola Branch will be:
- Monday through Thursday 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday through Sunday 12:00pm - 5:00pm
News Archives >>