Fire Information and Resources
A quick list is provided below. For a more comprehensive list, we have assembled a page of resources and information for those affected by the fires. Visit https://santacruzpl.org/fires/ to access the resources.
The County of Santa Cruz has provided some resources for those affected by the fires.
- The CalFire public information line for the fire incident is 831-335-6717
- Sign up for incident updates at www.tinyurl.com/czulightning.
- A live evacuation map is available at: www.smco.community.zonehaven.com
- 211 - Text “Fuego”, “Fire”, or “Wildfire” to 211-211 to receive the latest information about local Fire Resources and Relief. Dial 211 to speak with a call specialist.
Evacuation and Accommodations:
- The Red Cross hotline will help evacuees find accommodations. Call the hotline at 1-866-272-2237
- Santa Cruz County Human Services benefits hotline is 1-888-421-8080 (toll free). Residents impacted by the fire who are enrolled in benefits programs may be eligible for replacement benefits
- Shelters are open to county residents. Pets can come, but must be under owner’s control – bringing a carrier is recommended. Let staff at shelters know if there are special needs. Behavioral Health is on site for support. Food is being worked on. Sites are located at the Santa Cruz Civic and County Fairgrounds – call the Red Cross hotline or just show up. We are nearing capacity and are working on expanding shelter recourses. Will update you when we know.
The County is directing people to www.redcross.org/safeandwell to click "List Yourself as Safe and Well.” The County does not yet have a formal family reunification system – this is the best we have now.
How to Help:
The County advises folks not to donate durable goods and food during disasters. However, contributions of large, family-sized tents will be accepted at the Emeline Warehouse, 1082 Emeline in Santa Cruz (rear of the property behind 1080 Clinic – there will a drop box/center soon).
We will update this page as we learn more.
News Archives >>