You Can Do That @ the Library?!
Listen to a Book
Going on a long driving trip? Have to commute over Highway 17 every day? Borrow an audiobook to make the journey more enjoyable. We have books for children, young adults and adults in downloadable eAudio, CD, MP3, playaways, and special Read-along-kits for children.
SCPL News & Announcements - Latest Posts
NEW Catalog LIVE NOW
Update: See below for a list of what we're working on.
Some of our online services may not yet be accessible as we continue to restore the connections between the new catalog and each online service. Mobile service via our app SCPL on the Go may take some time to reconfigure. We are working to restore all of these services as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.
Please note: During our update, your PIN may have been reset. If the PIN you were using is not working, try using the last 4 digits of your telephone number or 1234 if there is no phone on your account. Once you have logged in successfully, you can go to your Account and reset your PIN. See the new Account Tutorial for more information. If you are still having trouble, you can call or visit any Branch Library for assistance.
What we're working on:
|There are log-in issues with Discover & Go, 3M Cloud Library and Boopsie.||We are working with our vendors to get this resolved as soon as we can. Overdrive has already been fixed.|
|Checked out items displayed an incorrect number of renewals.||4/11: We have reset all renewals and moving forward they will increment correctly.|
|Suspended item requests were flipped to Active.||Please request help from staff to get the status corrected, either in person at a branch or over the phone. You can reach Telephone Reference at 831-427-7713.|
|Lost books that have been paid for are still showing as lost in patron accounts.||We are working with our ILS vendor to get this resolved.|
|Noticing for overdues, bills, and holds for email and print were turned off during the migration to the new system.||Noticing was turned back on as of 4/11. We are monitoring to make sure things are working correctly.|
|Negative balances on your account may show on the Fines & Fees page as a credit. If you believe it is a legitimate credit, you can request a refund. More information can be found on the Overdue and Lost Items page.||We are working to correct the way this data is displayed.|
ALERT! Limited Services April 3-9th / Servicios limitados de 3 al 9 de Abril
We hope you’ll pardon our limited services APRIL 3rd- 9th as we make further improvements. Santa Cruz Public Libraries is moving to a new integrated library system. An integrated library system is the engine of the library organization; it’s the software that drives everything, providing information and access to books, movies, music and digital resources.
This new software will give the library catalog a new look and offer additional Search and My Account features. We chose Polaris from a variety of competing products because we felt it offered the best array of features for our community. This transition to Polaris is the first step in a year long roll-out of technology improvements.
Everything you do at the library just got easier.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- NOW -April 3rd PREPARE by SAVING any lists or Reading History you would like to remember. Print or save independently (learn more in the List section of the My Account Tutorial). LISTS from MY ACCOUNT in the current catalog will NOT transfer to the new system.
- April 3rd @7pm Library Catalog goes down. NO ACCESS to MY ACCOUNT or SEARCH.
- April 4th-9th Branches are open regular hours, with no access to the catalog or my account. CHECK-OUTs will continue WITH YOUR LIBRARY CARD ONLY.
- April 4th-9th NO RETURNS PLEASE; refrain from returning library materials. Due dates and fines have been adjusted to allow for this break.
- April 4th-9th There will be LIMITED and possibly INTERMITTENT access to the WEBSITE and digital resources; databases, streaming video, ebooks, etc.
- April 9th BRANCHES WILL OPEN LATE. All Branches will open at 1pm on Wednesday, April 9th.
- April 10th Polaris GOES LIVE! Log-in using your library card number and default PIN (the last four digits of your telephone number). Create a new username if necessary, and password in the new MY ACCOUNT tab. Seach, borrow, request, enjoy!
- Ask a PERSON! Questions? Talk to a staff member or volunteer Tech Ambassador present in several branches after April 9th (schedule to follow). Or call 831-427-7713. Let us know what we’ve done well and what we can do better.
POLARIS Sistema Integrado de Bibleotecas
Esperamos ustedes disculpen nuestros servicios limitados de 3 al 9 de Abril mientras hacemos algunas mejoras. Las bibliotecas publicas de Santa Cruz están cambiando hacia un nuevo sistema integrado de bibliotecas. Un sistema integrado de bibliotecas es el motor de la organización de la biblioteca, es la aplicación que maneja todo, proporcionando información y acceso a libros, películas, música y recursos digitales.
Esta nueva aplicación le dará a es catalogo de la biblioteca una nueva imagen y ofrecerá características adicionales en Búsqueda y Mi Cuenta. Nosotros elegimos Polaris de una variedad de productos competidores porque sentimos que este ofrecía la mejor colección de características para nuestra comunidad. Esta transición a Polaris es el primer paso de lo que será un año completo de mejoras tecnológicas.
Todo lo que haces en la biblioteca es ahora más fácil.
Cosas importantes que debes saber:
- Desde hoy al 3 de Abril Prepárate Guardando cualquier lista o Historial de lecturasque te gustaría recordar. Imprime o guarda independientemente. Listas de Mi Cuenta en el catalogo actual no serán transferidas al nuevo sistema.
- 3 de Abril a la 7pm el Catalogo de la Biblioteca estará fuera de servicio. NO ACCESO a MI CUENTA O BUSQUEDA .
- Del 4 al 9 de Abril sucursales abiertas en horario regular sin acceso a el catalogo a mi cuenta. CHECK-OUTs continuarán solo con su tarjeta de la biblioteca..
- Del 4 al 9 de Abril No regresos por favor; Abstenerse de devolver los materiales de la biblioteca. Las fechas de vencimiento y las multas han sido ajustadas para permitir este receso.
- Del 4 al 9 de Abril Habrá acceso limitado y posible acceso intermitente a la pagina de internet y recursos digitales, bases de datos, vídeos, libros electrónicos, etc.
- El 9 de Abril Sucursales abrirán tarde. Todas las sucursales abrirán a la 1pm el miércoles, 9 de abril.
- 10 de Abril ¡Polaris va en directo! Accesa usando el numero de tu tarjeta de la biblioteca y default pin (los últimos cuatro dígitos de tu numero de teléfono). Crea un nuevo numero de usuario si es necesario, y clave en el nuevo My Account (mi cuenta). Busca, pide, disfruta!
- ¡Pregunta a una persona! Preguntas? Habla con un empleado o voluntario Tech Abassador presente en varias sucursales después del 9 de Abril (horario por venir). O llame al 831-427-7713. Háganos saber que hemos echo bien y que podemos mejorar.
Sayonara, Howie from the SCPL Sheet Music Collection
Our latest Sheet Music Video is a farewell in honor of staff member Howie Kimel's retirement. The song is "Sayonara," 1953, by Irving Berlin, and is performed by Heather Norquist on piano. The video features some of Howie's performances from previous Sheet Music Videos.
Find your song in our sheet music collection at http://sheetmusic.santacruzpl.org/.
The SCPL sheet music collection is housed at the Downtown Branch Library Reference Department. This collection is available for reference use and for viewing and/or copying.
View similarly tagged posts: Services
Posted by teeterj on April 1, 2014 at 9 a.m.
Are you a U.S. Veteran?
We'd like to hear your story. Consider participating in the Veteran's History project.
What is the Veterans History Project?
The United States Congress created the Veterans History Project (VHP) in 2000 as part of the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress. VHP’s mission is to collect, preserve, and make accessible the personal accounts of American war veterans so that future generations may hear directly from veterans and better understand the realities of war. Santa Cruz Public Libraries is participating in this project, along with many public libraries across the country.
Tell your story at your library...
Santa Cruz Public Libraries is making equipment and technical expertise available to help you tell your story. If you’re a US Veteran, from any conflict, consider documenting your story with the library. Alternatively if you are a civilian who actively supported the war effort, such as a war industry worker, flight instructor, medical volunteer, or USO worker, consider being interviewed. You’ll be contributing to both the national archive and your local community. We’ll record a conversation about your military experiences for 30 minutes or more. We’ll provide the interviewing space, supplies and equipment. There is no charge for this service. We’ll provide you with a copy of your interview and we will submit the original and any accompanying materials to the VHP project at the Library of Congress. With your permission, a copy of your materials will also remain in the Santa Cruz Public Libraries local collection.
What can you contribute?
You may contribute a video or audio interview 30 minutes or longer (Santa Cruz Public Libraries can help you create this). Additional contributions are optional and may include: 10 or more original photographs • Two-dimensional artwork • Letters • Official military documents • 20 pages or more of original unpublished memoirs, diaries or journals.
What Happens to the interview and donated items?
After you receive a copy, your original interview and all donated items (pictures, letters etc.) will be submitted on your behalf to the Library of Congress Veterans History Project. You maintain the copyright and your contributions will be housed in a preservation environment within the permanent collections of the Library of Congress. Within a six-month processing period, all donated materials are available to researchers, scholars, students, Congress, authors, filmmakers, and anyone else visiting the Library or viewing the collections online.
How do I get started?
If you are interested in participating, contact our project coordinator directly: Jennifer Cockerill at 831-427-7700 ext 7668 or email at email@example.com.
Ongoing Classes @your library
eBooks & More. . .
Need help checking out materials for your Kindle, Nook, iPad, iPhone, Android, or other device? Bring your library card, all device passwords & account info (eg. Apple ID, Adobe ID, Amazon.com account info.)
- Downtown Branch, 224 Church Street Mar 20th, Thursday • 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- Aptos Branch, 7695 Soquel Drive Mar 24th, Monday • 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Scotts Valley Branch, 251 Kings Village Rd Apr 7th, Monday • 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Aptos Branch, 7695 Soquel Drive Apr 28th, Monday • 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Aptos Branch, 7695 Soquel Drive May 12th, Monday • 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Aptos Branch, 7695 Soquel Drive May 19th, Monday • 1:00pm – 2:00pm
Do you need help learning how to use your iPad? We will cover the basics. Please bring your library card, iPad and Apple ID.
- Aptos Branch, 7695 Soquel Drive Apr 14th, Monday • 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Downtown Branch, 224 Church Street May 22nd, Thursday • 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Learn how to download audiobooks to your mobile device or computer! Bring your library card, and all device passwords!
- Downtown Branch, 224 Church Street Apr 24th, Thursday • 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- Aptos Branch, 7695 Soquel Drive May 5th, Monday • 1:00pm – 2:00pm