General Agency Information
|Goodwill Central Coast
|Goodwill Industries of Santa Cruz, Monterey and San Luis Obispo Counties
18 West Beach St.
Watsonville, CA 95076
|Your local Goodwill chapter, a private 501(c)3 non-profit organization, began in 1928 in the city of Santa Cruz and today has expanded into three counties: Santa Cruz, Monterey, and San Luis Obispo. We now employ over 600 people and our programs strengthen communities by improving job growth, the lives of individuals and families, and the health of our environment.
Retail sales from your donated items allow us to continue empowering thousands of people through employment every year. We gratefully accept everything from clothing and accessories to small household appliances and furniture, electronics, books, fine china, art and other collectibles in good or new condition.
Please visit the website to see a list of items the Goodwill does not accept.
|Goodwill Central Coast builds lives, families and communities by helping people with employment needs become successful, supported by innovative enterprises that preserve earth's resources.
|Goodwill helps people reach their own goals and achieve economic self sufficiency through employment and training programs. Main programs in the local and surrounding areas include:
• Employment and training services through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) for low-income adults and laid off workers.
• Work experience and transitional employment (paid and unpaid) for individuals on CalWORKs, Workability students, and other populations to help individuals gain work experience and prepare for unsubsidized employment.
• Makerspace Program that provides internships with local employers to Cabrillo students seeking experience in fabrication, 3D printing, and other technology.
• Prosperity Platform that helps people increase income, reduce expenses, and build assets through financial and career coaching.
• Culinary School in Marina (20-week program) that helps students prepare for the culinary and hospitality fields. Students obtain ServSafe® Food Manager Certification and gain work experience through catering events. Many students qualify for WIOA scholarships.
|Languages other than English:
|Accommodations for Disabled Persons:
|Parking & Wheelchair Access
|Available Within Four Blocks
|Open to All
San Luis Obispo County
Santa Cruz County
Clothing Donation Programs
Electronic Waste Recycling
Nonprofit Retail Stores
|This agency was last updated on December 23, 2021.