Books & More
"Sometimes I think heaven must be one continuous unexhausted reading."
from Selected Letters by Virginia Woolf
Reader's Link - Finding Information on Books & Authors
Book News from NPR...
- Box Of Love Letters Reveals Grandfather Didn't Escape WWII With 'Everyone'
Years after her grandfather's death, Sarah Wildman discovered letters from a young woman he'd left behind in Vienna in the 1930s. So Wildman set out to find her grandfather's true love. [Tue, Nov. 25]
- Lighten Your Thanksgiving Trek With These Audiobooks, Comedy Albums
An estimated 46 million Americans will take to the road this Thanksgiving. We survey some of the best recorded comedy and audiobooks so you can laugh away the tension if you're stuck in traffic. [Tue, Nov. 25]
- In 'Redeployment,' Former Marine Explores The Challenges Of Coming Home
Phil Klay served in Iraq from January 2007 to February 2008. He recently won a National Book Award for his collection of short stories. [Tue, Nov. 25]
- Book News: Gabriel Garcia Marquez's Collection Gets A Texas Welcome
The University of Texas, Austin nabbed the rights to preserve and present the late Nobel winner's collected writings. Also: HBO takes on Scientology, and Aretha Franklin decries her new biography. [Tue, Nov. 25]
- Long-Lost Letter That Inspired 'On The Road' Style Has Been Found
Known as the "Joan Anderson Letter," the 18-page, single-spaced, stream of consciousness note from Neal Cassady to Jack Kerouac was found amid the dusty papers of a now-closed publishing house. [Mon, Nov. 24]