Books & More
"Does it afflict you to find your books wearing out? I mean literally ... the mortality of all inanimate things is terrible to me, but that of books most of all. "
— William Dean Howells
Reader's Link - Finding Information on Books & Authors
Book News from NPR...
- NPR Bestsellers: Paperback Nonfiction, Week Of May 28, 2015
At No. 15, Ben Macintyre's A Spy Among Friends tells the story of a British Cold War counterintelligence agent who was secretly working for the enemy. [Fri, May 29]
- NPR Bestsellers: Paperback Fiction, Week Of May 28, 2015
In Everything I Never Told You, Celeste Ng explores the fallout of the drowning death of a Chinese-American family's favorite daughter. It appears at No. 5. [Fri, May 29]
- NPR Bestsellers: Hardcover Nonfiction, Week Of May 28, 2015
Joseph J. Ellis' The Quartet explores the period between the American Revolution and the formation of the federal government. It debuts at No. 14. [Fri, May 29]
- NPR Bestsellers: Hardcover Fiction, Week Of May 28, 2015
In Seveneves, Neal Stephenson tells a story of nations banding together when a catastrophic event turns Earth into a ticking time bomb. It debuts at No. 3. [Fri, May 29]
- NPR Bestsellers: Week Of May 28, 2015
The lists are compiled from weekly surveys of close to 500 independent bookstores nationwide. [Fri, May 29]