Library Policies - Alcoholic Beverages Policy
The Santa Cruz Public Libraries has an Alcoholic Beverages Policy to remain in effect on library premises.
- Permission to serve alcoholic beverages on library premises must be approved by the Director of Libraries, and be for a designated area only.
- During regular library hours, the serving of alcoholic beverages is permitted in meeting rooms and lobby areas only. Other areas may be designated when the library facility is closed.
- The following conditions must be satisfied before permission to serve alcoholic beverages
will be granted:
- The applicant must represent a local, not-for-profit group that will directly conduct and benefit from the event.
- Permission must be requested in writing at least 21 days in advance of the proposed event.
- That an Alcoholic Beverage Control License be obtained from Alcoholic Beverage Control.
- That the Police or Sheriff's Departments determine staffing levels required for security services. These services will be provided at the group's expense.
- The group must demonstrate that it has complied with the requirements above.
- Alcohol is not permitted at youth activity events or at public hearings, nor may alcohol be served to minors.
- No leftover food or beverages may be left on library premises.
- The applicant is responsible for all additional maintenance and personnel costs resulting from use of alcoholic beverages.
Review Schedule: This policy will be reviewed every three years.
Last updated by teeterj on Jan. 28, 2014
- Quick Directory
- Boulder Creek
- Garfield Park
- La Selva Beach
- Live Oak
- Scotts Valley
You Can Do That @ the Library?!
Get a Free Library Card
When you go into any branch with a photo ID and proof of your current Santa Cruz County address, you can get a free Library Card the first time you apply.