You Can Do That @ the Library?!
Listen to a Book
Going on a long driving trip? Have to commute over Highway 17 every day? Borrow an audiobook to make the journey more enjoyable. We have books for children, young adults and adults in downloadable eAudio, CD, MP3, playaways, and special Read-along-kits for children.
SCPL News & Announcements - Latest Posts
Thanks for your patience while we work on library infrastructure. Library catalog and accounts, streaming and download services, branch phones and telephone reference, on-site computers, and wi-fi will be unavailable starting at 7pm on Wednesday March 12 until 10am on Saturday, March 15th.
Library branches will be open during their usual hours. Please bring your library card if you wish to check out or renew materials, as staff will not be able to look up your account information. Please do not return library materials during this time.
What's happening: Technovation2014
Technovation 2014 is a year long initiative to leverage technology to make everything you do at the library easier. In order to lay the foundation for these enhancements, the library must enact periodic short term shut-downs of our current technology infrastructure.
During Technovation system downtime, physical branch libraries will remain open during their regular hours. The Virtual Branch (website) and many library services in brick and mortar branches will not be available.
Services that will not be available include:
- Access to the library catalog
- Telephone reference and library branch phone numbers
- Access to library accounts for renewing and placing holds
- Access to library research databases
- Access to most streaming and downloadable content such as eBooks, eAudio, and video
- Internet access computers at all branches
- WiFi at all branches
Downloadable eBooks and eAudiobooks from OverDrive will remain available. To access OverDrive while our systems are down, you may need to visit the Northern California Digital Library collection directly at http://califa.lib.overdrive.com/AFB93B31-8E75-4BB0-8D9D- F35AFF38B1B1/10/50/en/Default.htm or by going to www.overdrive.com and entering your zip code in the For Readers / Find a Library section on the lower right.
Items from Hoopla will also be available. To visit Hoopla directly, go to www.hoopladigital.com.
What can you expect from Technovation2014?
Over the course of 2014, we'll be rolling out updates that enable you:
- Take care of business with new computers and multi-function printers.
- Manage your account with ease- and do more- all while easily finding the books, movies, and music you love with our new catalog and online services.
- Use our smart meeting rooms to connect with the community on important issues.
- Get in and out faster with improved self-service.
- Find people when you need help. Our new technology ambassadors will be out and about to help you use the library with ease.
Technovation doesn’t happen overnight! We’ll be rolling out improvements all year long. More information, a timeline, and system downtimes necessary to make the improvements will continue to be posted on the website- so stay tuned!