You Can Do That @ the Library?!
Listen to a Book
Going on a long driving trip? Have to commute over Highway 17 every day? Borrow an audiobook to make the journey more enjoyable. We have books for children, young adults and adults in downloadable eAudio, CD, MP3, playaways, and special Read-along-kits for children.
SCPL News & Announcements - July 2014 Archive
Sunday, July 27th 1-4pm
Join us for this final fun-filled event in the Paws to Read summer reading program! Enjoy food, music, the kid's book barn, our read-to-me therapy dogs and other animals, marionettes, face painting and more! Free lunch and a free book for those who have completed reading logs (while supplies last!)
This will be your last chance to redeem book bucks earned with your summer reading program participation---redeem at any branch now--or at the festival!
Sunday, July 27th 1-4pm
Harvey West Park
Don't miss this final chance to woof, wag, yowl, howl and stomp! See you there!
California’s Health Care Marketplace
Get the Help You Need! From July 24th through August 19th a United Way outreach educator will be at library branches to answer questions about the Affordable Care Act and provide on-on-one support in navigating California’s healthcare marketplace/exchange - Covered CA.
- Get information on changes in healthcare brought on by the Affordable Care Act
- Get help understanding how to navigate California’s healthcare marketplace/exchange - Covered CA
- Get help determining your eligibility and compare plans
- Get referrals to free Certified Enrollment Counselors for enrollment assistance
Locations and Times
Thursday July 24 Live Oak 1-4pm
Monday July 28 Downtown 1-4pm
Tuesday July 29 Scotts Valley 12-2pm
Thursday July 31 Aptos 1-4pm
Tuesday August 5 Felton 1-3pm
Thursday August 7 Capitola 1-4pm
Thursday August 14 La Selva Beach 1-4pm
Friday August 15 Branciforte 1-4pm
Monday August 18 Garfield Park 1-4pm
Tuesday August 19 Boulder Creek 12-2pm
For more information, contact Julie Richardson at 831-427-7700 x 7648.
Cuidado de la Salud mercado de California: Obtener la ayuda que necesita
Desde el 24 de julio al 19 de agosto un educador extensión de United Way será en sucursales de la biblioteca para responder a preguntas acerca de la Affordable Care Act y ofreciendo ayuda uno-a-uno en la navegación de la salud del mercado / del intercambio de California – Covered CA.
- Obtenga información sobre los cambios en la atención médica causados por la Affordable Care Act
- Obtenga ayuda para entender cómo navegar atención médica mercado / intercambio de California - Covered CA
- Obtenga ayuda para determinar su elegibilidad y comparar los planes
- Obtenga referencias a Consejeros Certificados de Inscripción gratis para la ayuda de matrícula
Localidades y Horarios
Jueves 24 de julio Live Oak 1-4pm
Lunes 28 de julio Downtown 1-4 pm
Martes 29 de julio Scotts Valley 12-2pm
Jueves 31 de julio Aptos 1-4pm
Martes 05 de agosto Felton 1-3pm
Jueves 07 de agosto Capitola 1-4pm
Jueves 14 de agosto La Selva Beach 1-4pm
Viernes 15 de agosto Branciforte 1-4pm
Lunes 18 de agosto de Garfield Park 1-4pm
Martes 19 de agosto de Boulder Creek 12-2pm
TouchTEAM Memory Workshops
Do you know an older adult, a friend or loved one, experiencing memory loss?
Forgetfulness can be frustrating for both those experiencing it and for their loved ones. Join us in this supportive social setting, for a series of innovative workshops in which we will use touchscreen tablets to engage the mind and activate memory. Individual coaches will be present for each “team.” July is Life Stories month. Featuring the ‘stories etc.’ app.
You can expect to:
- Record & share stories
- Enrich time spent together
- Boost interest and involvement
- Use reminiscence to engage and connect
iPads provided • A free program of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries
Ongoing classes • Call (831) 427-7700 x7615 to register
New ebooks available
We've recently added a new ebook service: enki electronic books!
The enki Library is a shared open source eBook Network that allows California libraries to own and store eBooks for access by library patrons. Use the "Advanced Search" option and click on the "Subject" dropdown list to see all the available topics.
- log in with your library card number and pin
- download eBooks in PDF and EPUB formats
- read on a variety of devices or online with your Adobe ID
- compatible with computers, smart phones, iPads, Android tablets, eReaders, and Kindle Fire
- View an online tutorial
The enki Library focuses on smaller and independent publishers. For more info, visit the enki help wiki. Happy reading!