You Can Do That @ the Library?!
Share Your Story
Join a community project, "We Have Stories To Tell" which unites children with family members, senior citizens and library staff to encourage the development of literacy skills through story telling. Children have the opportunity to make their own books in which they portray the story they are telling with illustrations of their own design.
SCPL News & Announcements - Latest Posts
Summer Reading Events - June 16 - 22
Summer Reading is in full swing! Join us this week at the following fun events.
- Storyteller Jerry Falek will be performing at the Live Oak Branch on Sunday at 2pm and at Felton on Tuesday at 1:30pm.
- The Surfing Magician will be at the Garfield Park Branch at 10:30am on Monday, at Scotts Valley at 10:30am on Tuesday, at the Aptos Branch on Thursday at 1pm, and at the Branciforte Branch at 3:30pm on Thursday.
- For film aficionados, there's "An Inconvenient Truth" as part of our Food for Thought Summer film series, showing at the Downtown branch at 7pm. For a more lighthearted time, catch "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" at the Scotts Valley Branch Saturday afternoon at 3pm.
- For Teen Tech Tasters at the Scotts Valley Branch, Robin Macomber from Digital Media Factory will be leading a video making workshop at 3pm on Wednesday. Sign up for both Parts 1 & 2 and make a movie to show on the big screen!
- On Thursday, we'll be making bubbles of all sizes on the Garfield Park Branch lawn, starting at 2pm.
- Also at Garfield Park, bring a stuffed animal friend to the library and let them experience a sleepover! Who knows what those animals will get up to after everyone goes home? The tea party and drop off starts at 2pm on Friday. Your animal friends can be picked up on Monday the 24th at 10:30am.
- On Saturday, we'll be making stomp rockets at Boulder Creek, starting at 1pm. Kids under 8 will need an adult to help them.
And that's not all! Check the Summer Reading Calendar for crafts, story times, and other fun stuff happening this week.