You Can Do That @ the Library?!
Discover California History
The Library system has a special Californiana collection of books and materials at the Downtown Branch to augment your history research.
SCPL News & Announcements - Latest Posts
Last Week of Summer Reading
Summer Reading is almost over, and we're going out with a bang!
If you've been filling out a reading log, it's time to collect your Dollars. Bring your completed reading log to any Branch immediately after any Summer Reading Program, or you can leave your reading log at a Branch anytime during open hours and pick up your Dollars the following week.
Get in a last round of storytelling with Bob & Liz:
- Monday July 22: they'll be at the Live Oak Branch @ 10:30am and at the Garfield Park Branch @ 2pm.
- Tuesday July 23: they'll be at the La Selva Beach Branch at 10:30am and at the Felton Branch at 1:30pm.
Our Food for Thought Film Series is drawing to a close:
- In "No Impact Man," a Manhattan family attempts to reduce their environmental impact to zero for a year, primarily through diet, energy use, and no garbage. July 23rd at 7pm at the Downtown Branch.
- "The Corporation" shows how a short-term profit model for corporations encourages good people to do bad things, and how we can control our dollars and elect officials to provide a counterbalance. July 27th at 3pm at the Aptos Branch.
- "A Place at the Table" is an investigation of hunger in America, where 1 in 6 Americans don't have enough food, and 80% of people on food stamps are working. July 30th at 7pm at the Downtown Branch.
Join the Teen Tech Tasters one last time, and Join with Robin Macomber from the Digital Media Factory and show your movie on the big screen at the Scotts Valley Branch, from 3-5pm on July 24th.
Finally, join us on July 28th at Harvey West Park for the Festival of the Book. We'll have crafts, costumes, performers, and the Kids Only Booksale. This is your last chance to redeem your booklets for Summer Reading Dollars, so don't miss out!