You Can Do That @ the Library?!
Listen to a Book
Going on a long driving trip? Have to commute over Highway 17 every day? Borrow an audiobook to make the journey more enjoyable. We have books for children, young adults and adults in downloadable eAudio, CD, MP3, playaways, and special Read-along-kits for children.
SCPL News & Announcements - Latest Posts
Battle of the Bands & More
This week's Summer Reading events culminate in a fantastic music show by local teen bands! Here are some of the highlights for this week.
- The Surfing Magician will be at La Selva Beach @ 10:30 on Tuesday.
- Bring your stuffed animal friend for the Stuffed Animal Sleepover at the Branciforte Branch! We'll have a bedtime storytime and make nametags for your special friend at 4:30pm. After you leave, what will those animals do? Come back on Thursday, July 18th at 10:30 to find out and to take your friend back home.
- Come watch "Vegucated" at 7:00PM at the Downtown Branch; it's part of the Food for Thought! 2013 Summer Film Series. Three New Yorkers answer a craigslist ad and try a vegan diet for six weeks. A comedic look at their journey and an overview of the health, environmental, and animal welfare benefits.
- Make Movies with Teen Tech Tasters from 3-5pm at Scotts Valley. Join with Robin Macomber from the Digital Media Factory and show your movie on the big screen. Robin will add more skills this week; some video knowledge assumed for this class.
- On Saturday, come watch local teen talent storm the stage at the Downtown Library during the Teen Battle of the Bands from 1-4pm. Bring your sunscreen!
- If you can't make it into Santa Cruz, watch the Battle of the Bands live streaming at Scotts Valley Library!