You Can Do That @ the Library?!
Aptos Branch has a chess club for children ages 6 and up that meets Tuesday afternoons at 3:30pm. Test your game against the serious players.
SCPL News & Announcements - Latest Posts
Battle of the Bands & More
This week's Summer Reading events culminate in a fantastic music show by local teen bands! Here are some of the highlights for this week.
- The Surfing Magician will be at La Selva Beach @ 10:30 on Tuesday.
- Bring your stuffed animal friend for the Stuffed Animal Sleepover at the Branciforte Branch! We'll have a bedtime storytime and make nametags for your special friend at 4:30pm. After you leave, what will those animals do? Come back on Thursday, July 18th at 10:30 to find out and to take your friend back home.
- Come watch "Vegucated" at 7:00PM at the Downtown Branch; it's part of the Food for Thought! 2013 Summer Film Series. Three New Yorkers answer a craigslist ad and try a vegan diet for six weeks. A comedic look at their journey and an overview of the health, environmental, and animal welfare benefits.
- Make Movies with Teen Tech Tasters from 3-5pm at Scotts Valley. Join with Robin Macomber from the Digital Media Factory and show your movie on the big screen. Robin will add more skills this week; some video knowledge assumed for this class.
- On Saturday, come watch local teen talent storm the stage at the Downtown Library during the Teen Battle of the Bands from 1-4pm. Bring your sunscreen!
- If you can't make it into Santa Cruz, watch the Battle of the Bands live streaming at Scotts Valley Library!