You Can Do That @ the Library?!
Listen to a Book
Going on a long driving trip? Have to commute over Highway 17 every day? Borrow an audiobook to make the journey more enjoyable. We have books for children, young adults and adults in downloadable eAudio, CD, MP3, playaways, and special Read-along-kits for children.
SCPL News & Announcements - Latest Posts
New Sites and Resources
As of July 1st, we've added a bunch of new online databases to our Internet Resources section:
- ChiltonLibrary -- automotive repair information for do-it-yourself people
- Demographics Now -- search for individuals, households, and companies by a variety of parameters and create demographic reports
- Gale Business Insights: Global -- research and analyze companies, industries, and economies around the world
- Global Issues in Context -- research a wide variety of subject areas, including sociology, current events, politics, cultural/religious studies, and more
- National Geographic Archive -- a complete archive of the magazine to the mid-1990s
- Oxford English Dictionary Online -- A guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of more than 600,000 words
- Testing and Education Reference Center -- practice tests and courses, scholarship search tools, a resume builder, career models, and more
- Ancestry Library Edition -- billions of records in census data, vital records, directories, and photos (available ONLY from inside the Library -- any branch)