You Can Do That @ the Library?!
Meet at Together @ the Library
Join a five week workshop with other families with children from 0-3 years old to play and meet with community experts on early literacy, speech and language, nutrition, child development, play and physical fitness.
SCPL News & Announcements - Latest Posts
Try BookFlix - an Online Reading Program for Kids!
SCPL has subscribed to a fun, new reading program that you and your child can access from the library or home (requires a library card)! Scholastic BookFlix pairs classic video storybooks from Weston Woods with related nonfiction eBooks from Scholastic to build a love of reading and learning. This resource for children in grades PreK-3 will help early readers develop and practice essential reading skills. It includes:
- 95 classic video storybooks each paired with a related nonfiction eBook.
- Spanish language versions of 27 pairs.
- Read-aloud supports so students can hear each book narrated and also hear definitions of key words and directions for each activity.
- Educational games and activities so children can show what they have learned.
- Safe, age-appropriate web links selected by Scholastic's editors so kids can extend their learning on a topic.
- Meet the author section to learn more about the author of each fiction book.
BookFlix is specifically created to support non-, beginning and reluctant readers.