- Community Services
- Crime & Public Safety
- Cultural Diversity
- Disasters & Calamities
- Executive Order 9066 and the Residents of Santa Cruz County
- In the 19th Century
- In the 20th Century
- Libraries & Schools
- Making a Living
- Recreation & Sports
- Religion & Spirituality
- Spanish Period & Earlier
- Unusual & Curious
- Weather & Pop. Stats.
- World War II
Santa Cruz County History - Films
- On Location in Santa Cruz County, by Ann Young
"On Location in Santa Cruz County is an extensive list of films shot entirely or ..."
- Early Film Studios in Santa Cruz County, by Ann Young
"In the 1910's and '20's, audiences around the world were both mesmerized and thrilled by ..."
- Wharton Film Studio Promotional Brochure: Why Santa Cruz...
"The following text is from a booklet issued by Wharton Film Classics, Inc. On the ..."
- Bret Harte in "The Movies", by Josephine Clifford McCrackin
"Among the most sacredly guarded of my few treasures are two bound volumes of the ..."
- Historic Movie Theater in Santa Cruz
"The Grand Theatre, one of the first movie theaters in Santa Cruz, was on Pacific ..."
- Hollywood Came to Santa Cruz: Huge Redwoods Seen as Western Backdrops, by Ross Eric Gibson
"Santa Cruz's towering redwoods helped attract the fledgling movie industry to town and served as ..."
- Local Inspiration for Movie Classics: Hitchcock had Link to Santa Cruz, by Ross Eric Gibson
"Santa Cruz's Nickelodeon movie theater will celebrate its silver anniversary with a film marathon Friday ..."
- On Location in Santa Cruz, by Lisa Jensen
"With Jane Seymour in the foreground, it's hard to pay attention to the background. But ..."
- Us Folks on the Film: A California Mountain Town that has Gone Stark Movie-Mad, by Earle Snell
"For almost a score of years the town had slumbered in obscurity--and blessed contentment. Some ..."
Search Local History Articles
Explore Santa Cruz County History!
Eulogized as a man "who handled many millions of dollars without ever losing a cent," William "Uncle Billy" Bias was elected by Santa Cruz residents as County Treasurer for 25 consecutive years. The trust and respect citizens had for Bias was a reflection of his devotion to his job and ..." [More]
Excerpted from A Walk Through Time: William H. Bias by Janet Krassow and Randy Krassow