- Community Services
- Crime & Public Safety
- Cultural Diversity
- Disasters & Calamities
- Executive Order 9066 and the Residents of Santa Cruz County
- In the 19th Century
- In the 20th Century
- Libraries & Schools
- Making a Living
- Recreation & Sports
- Religion & Spirituality
- Spanish Period & Earlier
- Unusual & Curious
- Weather & Pop. Stats.
- World War II
Santa Cruz County History - Films
- On Location in Santa Cruz County, by Ann Young
"On Location in Santa Cruz County is an extensive list of films shot entirely or ..."
- Early Film Studios in Santa Cruz County, by Ann Young
"In the 1910's and '20's, audiences around the world were both mesmerized and thrilled by ..."
- Wharton Film Studio Promotional Brochure: Why Santa Cruz...
"The following text is from a booklet issued by Wharton Film Classics, Inc. On the ..."
- Bret Harte in "The Movies", by Josephine Clifford McCrackin
"Among the most sacredly guarded of my few treasures are two bound volumes of the ..."
- Historic Movie Theater in Santa Cruz
"The Grand Theatre, one of the first movie theaters in Santa Cruz, was on Pacific ..."
- Hollywood Came to Santa Cruz: Huge Redwoods Seen as Western Backdrops, by Ross Eric Gibson
"Santa Cruz's towering redwoods helped attract the fledgling movie industry to town and served as ..."
- Local Inspiration for Movie Classics: Hitchcock had Link to Santa Cruz, by Ross Eric Gibson
"Santa Cruz's Nickelodeon movie theater will celebrate its silver anniversary with a film marathon Friday ..."
- On Location in Santa Cruz, by Lisa Jensen
"With Jane Seymour in the foreground, it's hard to pay attention to the background. But ..."
- Us Folks on the Film: A California Mountain Town that has Gone Stark Movie-Mad, by Earle Snell
"For almost a score of years the town had slumbered in obscurity--and blessed contentment. Some ..."
Search Local History Articles
Explore Santa Cruz County History!
Prepared by C. McK. Laizure,
Mining Engineer of the California State Mining Bureau
Gold occurs in Santa Cruz County in auriferous black sand deposits, in placer deposits in a number of creeks and gulches on the sides of Ben Lomond Mountain, and in small quartz seams on Ben ..." [More]
Excerpted from Mineral Survey of Santa Cruz County - Gold by C. McK. Laizure