- Community Services
- Crime & Public Safety
- Cultural Diversity
- Disasters & Calamities
- Executive Order 9066 and the Residents of Santa Cruz County
- In the 19th Century
- In the 20th Century
- Libraries & Schools
- Making a Living
- Recreation & Sports
- Religion & Spirituality
- Spanish Period & Earlier
- Unusual & Curious
- Weather & Pop. Stats.
- World War II
Santa Cruz County History - Films
- On Location in Santa Cruz County, by Ann Young
"On Location in Santa Cruz County is an extensive list of films shot entirely or ..."
- Early Film Studios in Santa Cruz County, by Ann Young
"In the 1910's and '20's, audiences around the world were both mesmerized and thrilled by ..."
- Wharton Film Studio Promotional Brochure: Why Santa Cruz...
"The following text is from a booklet issued by Wharton Film Classics, Inc. On the ..."
- Bret Harte in "The Movies", by Josephine Clifford McCrackin
"Among the most sacredly guarded of my few treasures are two bound volumes of the ..."
- Historic Movie Theater in Santa Cruz
"The Grand Theatre, one of the first movie theaters in Santa Cruz, was on Pacific ..."
- Hollywood Came to Santa Cruz: Huge Redwoods Seen as Western Backdrops, by Ross Eric Gibson
"Santa Cruz's towering redwoods helped attract the fledgling movie industry to town and served as ..."
- Local Inspiration for Movie Classics: Hitchcock had Link to Santa Cruz, by Ross Eric Gibson
"Santa Cruz's Nickelodeon movie theater will celebrate its silver anniversary with a film marathon Friday ..."
- On Location in Santa Cruz, by Lisa Jensen
"With Jane Seymour in the foreground, it's hard to pay attention to the background. But ..."
- Us Folks on the Film: A California Mountain Town that has Gone Stark Movie-Mad, by Earle Snell
"For almost a score of years the town had slumbered in obscurity--and blessed contentment. Some ..."
Search Local History Articles
Explore Santa Cruz County History!
[Excerpted from: Soquel Creek Storm Damage Recovery Plan, 1983, pp. 21-24, 28.]
Flood waters have flowed in Soquel Village at least eight times since 1890 (see Table 3). Severe damage was incurred during the floods of 1931, 1937, 1940, 1955, and 1982. Newspaper accounts tell ..." [More]
Excerpted from The Nature and History of Flooding in Soquel Village