- Community Services
- Crime & Public Safety
- Cultural Diversity
- Disasters & Calamities
- Executive Order 9066 and the Residents of Santa Cruz County
- In the 19th Century
- In the 20th Century
- Libraries & Schools
- Making a Living
- Recreation & Sports
- Religion & Spirituality
- Spanish Period & Earlier
- Unusual & Curious
- Weather & Pop. Stats.
- World War II
Santa Cruz County History - World War II
See also articles under: "Executive Order 9066 and the Residents of Santa Cruz County" and "Cultural Diversity"
- Go for Broke: 442nd Regimental Combat Team, by Tracy L. Barnett
"Nobody has to tell Tom Goto he's a hero. Long ago, he gave away the ..."
- Male Notte: The Untold Story of Italian Relocation During World War II, by Geoffrey Dunn
"On a quiet evening in February of 1942, fifty years ago this coming month, Celestina ..."
- Pajaro Valley Nisei Veterans of World War II
"The following lists are from Nihon Bunka / Japanese Culture, published by the Pajaro Valley ..."
- Una Storia Segreta, by Lawrence DiStasi and Adele Negro and Rose Scherini
"UNA STORIA SEGRETA (the words in Italian mean both a secret story and a secret ..."
- WWII Veterans with Japanese Surnames
"In 1948, Santa Cruz High School published a yearbook called the Service Cardinal. It attempted ..."
Search Local History Articles
Explore Santa Cruz County History!
[Excerpted from: Soquel Creek Storm Damage Recovery Plan, 1983, pp. 21-24, 28.]
Flood waters have flowed in Soquel Village at least eight times since 1890 (see Table 3). Severe damage was incurred during the floods of 1931, 1937, 1940, 1955, and 1982. Newspaper accounts tell ..." [More]
Excerpted from The Nature and History of Flooding in Soquel Village