Browse Local History Topics
- » Architecture
- » Arts
- » Community Services
- » Crime & Public Safety
- » Cultural Diversity
- » Disasters & Calamities
- » Executive Order 9066 and the Residents of Santa Cruz County
- » Films
- » Government
- » In the 19th Century
- » In the 20th Century
- » Libraries & Schools
- » Making a Living
- » People
- » Places
- » Recreation & Sports
- » Religion & Spirituality
- » Spanish Period & Earlier
- » Tourism
- » Transportation
- » Unusual & Curious
- » Weather & Pop. Stats.
- » World War II
Santa Cruz County History - Arts
- Public Art in Santa Cruz, by Jessica Teeter
- They Built a League and Gallery, by Margaret Koch
"Santa Cruz had art long before it had an Art League and a Gallery."
- Cor de Gavere, Artist. 1877-1955, by Nikki Silva
"Cor de Gavere's early life had the aura of a tragic fairy tale. She was ..."
- Artists Frank and Lillian [Heath], by Margaret Koch
"Frank L. Heath courted Lillian Dake Storey during painting trips around Santa Cruz County back ..."
Search Local History Articles
Explore Santa Cruz County History!
Prepared by C. McK. Laizure,
Mining Engineer of the California State Mining Bureau
Although several small mineral springs occur singly and in groups within Santa Cruz County, no mineral water is bottled or commercially produced. There is little improvement at any locality except St. Francis Springs which was ..." [More]
Excerpted from Mineral Survey of Santa Cruz County - Mineral Water by C. McK. Laizure