- Community Services
- Crime & Public Safety
- Cultural Diversity
- Disasters & Calamities
- Executive Order 9066 and the Residents of Santa Cruz County
- In the 19th Century
- In the 20th Century
- Libraries & Schools
- Making a Living
- Recreation & Sports
- Religion & Spirituality
- Spanish Period & Earlier
- Unusual & Curious
- Weather & Pop. Stats.
- World War II
Santa Cruz County History - Arts
- Public Art in Santa Cruz, by Jessica Teeter
- They Built a League and Gallery, by Margaret Koch
"Santa Cruz had art long before it had an Art League and a Gallery."
- Cor de Gavere, Artist. 1877-1955, by Nikki Silva
"Cor de Gavere's early life had the aura of a tragic fairy tale. She was ..."
- Artists Frank and Lillian [Heath], by Margaret Koch
"Frank L. Heath courted Lillian Dake Storey during painting trips around Santa Cruz County back ..."
Search Local History Articles
Explore Santa Cruz County History!
The manufacture of a superior quality of leather has long been one of the specialties of Santa Cruz County. At present the principal representative of this industry is the San Lorenzo Tannery, owned and operated by the Kron Tanning Company. The tannery is located on River Street, near the city ..." [More]
Excerpted from San Lorenzo Tannery (1896)