- Community Services
- Crime & Public Safety
- Cultural Diversity
- Disasters & Calamities
- Executive Order 9066 and the Residents of Santa Cruz County
- In the 19th Century
- In the 20th Century
- Libraries & Schools
- Making a Living
- Recreation & Sports
- Religion & Spirituality
- Spanish Period & Earlier
- Unusual & Curious
- Weather & Pop. Stats.
- World War II
Santa Cruz County History - Arts
- Public Art in Santa Cruz, by Jessica Teeter
- They Built a League and Gallery, by Margaret Koch
"Santa Cruz had art long before it had an Art League and a Gallery."
- Cor de Gavere, Artist. 1877-1955, by Nikki Silva
"Cor de Gavere's early life had the aura of a tragic fairy tale. She was ..."
- Artists Frank and Lillian [Heath], by Margaret Koch
"Frank L. Heath courted Lillian Dake Storey during painting trips around Santa Cruz County back ..."
Search Local History Articles
Explore Santa Cruz County History!
A girl in a formal dress runs across the lobby, then disappears into thin air. In an empty Mermaid Room, voices and music are softly heard. Hidden rooms and secret passages are mysterious vestiges of Brookdale Lodge's rich past.
Brookdale, two miles south of Boulder Creek, opened in 1900 ..." [More]
Excerpted from Historical Memories Haunt Brookdale by Ross Eric Gibson