- Community Services
- Crime & Public Safety
- Cultural Diversity
- Disasters & Calamities
- Executive Order 9066 and the Residents of Santa Cruz County
- In the 19th Century
- In the 20th Century
- Libraries & Schools
- Making a Living
- Recreation & Sports
- Religion & Spirituality
- Spanish Period & Earlier
- Unusual & Curious
- Weather & Pop. Stats.
- World War II
Santa Cruz County History - Arts
- Public Art in Santa Cruz, by Jessica Teeter
- They Built a League and Gallery, by Margaret Koch
"Santa Cruz had art long before it had an Art League and a Gallery."
- Cor de Gavere, Artist. 1877-1955, by Nikki Silva
"Cor de Gavere's early life had the aura of a tragic fairy tale. She was ..."
- Artists Frank and Lillian [Heath], by Margaret Koch
"Frank L. Heath courted Lillian Dake Storey during painting trips around Santa Cruz County back ..."
Search Local History Articles
Explore Santa Cruz County History!
This father and son team led lives of great divergence. The father, George, died in great shame while the son, Ernest, was one of the most popular men to grace the community.
George Otto was another of the sturdy Germans who fled to America in order to escape the endless ..." [More]
Excerpted from A Walk Through Time: George and Ernest Otto by Janet Krassow and Randy Krassow