Santa Cruz County History - Articles


Browsing Local History Articles tagged "public buildings"

Santa Cruz Spirituality, by Paul Tutwiler
The purpose of this study is to promote knowledge and understanding of the group spirituality expressed in associations that are ... [Read more]

[Read more]

[Read more]

The purpose of this study is to promote knowledge and understanding of the group spirituality expressed in associations that are ... [Read more]

[Read more]

[Read more]

[Read more]

[Read more]

[Read more]

Following the 1054 division of Christendom into the Church of Rome and that of the four Patriarchates of the East ... [Read more]

[Read more]

[Read more]

[Read more]

[Read more]

[Read more]

The reformation of the Western Christian Church which began in Germany in 1519 with Martin Luther gave rise first of ... [Read more]

[Read more]

[Read more]

[Read more]

[Read more]

[Read more]

[Read more]

[Read more]

The Works Progress Administration (1935-1943) was a U.S. government agency created during the Great Depression to provide jobs for unemployed ... [Read more]

Santa Cruz County has had five courthouses since its formation on February 18, 1850, and a sixth is currently [1966] ... [Read more]

In the development of the West, the transition from frontier outpost to city or town was said to have taken ... [Read more]

The Octagon, by Margaret Koch
On March 11, 1882, the Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors began advertising for plans for a "Hall of Records" ... [Read more]

This section provides a chronological history of the County Buildings housed at the Emeline Street Complex and various health care ... [Read more]

Search Local History Articles

» Browse by Author

Explore Santa Cruz County History!

The manufacture of a superior quality of leather has long been one of the specialties of Santa Cruz County. At present the principal representative of this industry is the San Lorenzo Tannery, owned and operated by the Kron Tanning Company. The tannery is located on River Street, near the city ..." [More]

Excerpted from San Lorenzo Tannery (1896)