Santa Cruz County History - Films



On Location in Santa Cruz County

 


Film Studios at DeLaveaga: Stage

Film Studios at DeLaveaga: Stage

Photograph of the film stage and, to the left, the dressing rooms at DeLaveaga Park. Between March and May of 1916, the Fer Dal company made the following films at the studio:

- "The Tip"
- "The Call of the Pipe"
- "Welsh Rarebit and Pickles"
- "A Subtle Revenge"

The Santa Cruz Motion Picture Company took over the studio and made the following films between May and August 1916:

- "The Sea Urchin"
- "The Feud"
- "Cindy Lane's Sacrifice"
- "The Sprite of the Breakers"
- "Smugglers' Awakening"
- "Traced in the Sands"

In August 1916, La Petite Film Company used the studio to make "The Secret Formula."

Source: This photograph is from the Santa Cruz Photograph Collection in Special Collections, University Library, University of California, Santa Cruz. It is the property of the Regents of the University of California and may not be used in any way without the express permission of the University Library. Used here with permission.


Copyright 1998 Santa Cruz Public Libraries

Disclaimer:

It is our continuing goal to make available a selection of articles on various subjects and places in Santa Cruz County. Certain topics, however, have yet to be researched. In other cases, we were not granted permission to use articles. The content of the articles is the responsibility of the individual author. It is the Library's intent to provide accurate local history information. However, it is not possible for the Library to completely verify the accuracy of individual articles obtained from a variety of sources. If you believe that factual statements in a local history article are incorrect and can provide documentation, please contact the Webmaster.