Santa Cruz County History - Films



Historic Movie Theater in Santa Cruz

Photo of the Grand Theatre
Photo of the Grand Theatre

The Grand Theatre, one of the first movie theaters in Santa Cruz, was on Pacific Avenue, across the street from Walnut. These photographs were probably taken around 1915. The posters in front of the theater advertise "The Eternal City" (1915), "Marriage à la Carte" (1915 & 1916), and a film featuring Eddie Plum and Lee Moran. Plum and Moran were together in film called, "Mrs. Plum's Pudding" in 1915.

Photo of the projection room at the Grand
The projection room at the Grand. (circa 1915?)


The photographs on this page are from the Koch collection in the History Archives, Museum of Art and History at the McPherson Center, Santa Cruz, California. Copyright the Museum of Art and History. Used with permission.

View similarly tagged articles:

films, Pacific Avenue

Disclaimer:

It is our continuing goal to make available a selection of articles on various subjects and places in Santa Cruz County. Certain topics, however, have yet to be researched. In other cases, we were not granted permission to use articles. The content of the articles is the responsibility of the individual author. It is the Library's intent to provide accurate local history information. However, it is not possible for the Library to completely verify the accuracy of individual articles obtained from a variety of sources. If you believe that factual statements in a local history article are incorrect and can provide documentation, please contact the Webmaster.