Browse by Category
- Computers & Technology
- Drugs & Medications
- Find Books
- General Interest
- Health & Wellness
- Jobs & Volunteer Opportunities
- Legal Topics
- Local Help & Information
- Retirement & Lifestyle
- Social Networking
- Travel & Education
- US Government Resources
50Plus - Finances
Information about financial issues related to pre-retirement planning and retirement living.
- Annual Credit Report
This central site allows you to request a free credit file disclosure, commonly called a credit report, once every 12 months from each of the nationwide consumer credit reporting companies: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
- Ballpark E$timate
Easy-to-use worksheets that helps you identify approximately how much you need to save to fund a comfortable retirement
Free rate information about more than 300 financial products, including mortgages, credit cards, new and used automobile loans, money market accounts, certificates of deposit, checking and ATM fees, home equity loans and online banking fees.
Simple, free, and confidential online screening service designed to help people over age 55 find and enroll in benefit programs. This service can assist with federal, state, local and private programs that help pay for prescription drugs, utility bills, meals, health care and other needs. From the National Council on Aging.
- Consumer Guide Automotive
Articles, ratings and reviews of thousands of cars and other automotive products. From HowStuffWorks.com.
- Consumer Reports
Articles, ratings and reviews of thousands of products including cars, computers, household appliances, furniture, kids' toys and much more.
Easy-to-use guide to product reviews from About.com.
Reliable information from AARP; topics include planning for retirement, investments, reverse mortgages, and much more. From the top toolbar, you can also check the "Personal Finance" link for information about investment and money management.
- Social Security Benefits Planner
The Social Security Administration offers understandable information about benefits, plus an easy-to-use link to apply. Includes retirement and disability planners plus a benefits calculator.
Tease Your Brain!
Presidential Trivia: Can you answer these questions?
- Which president's wife was the first to be called the "First Lady" (Rutherford B. Hayes or Millard Fillmore)?
- Which president was the first to have a child born in the White House (James Madison or Grover Cleveland)?
- What were George Washington's favorite set of false teeth made from (Wood or hippopotamus teeth)?
Upcoming Library Events
Thu, Dec. 12
- Scotts Valley Family Place
- Adult Book Discussion Group
- Boulder Creek Family Crafts
- Willing Suspension Armchair Theater present passages from Bleak House
Fri, Dec. 13
Sat, Dec. 14
Sun, Dec. 15
Mon, Dec. 16