- Computers & Technology
- Drugs & Medications
- Find Books
- General Interest
- Health & Wellness
- Jobs & Volunteer Opportunities
- Legal Topics
- Local Help & Information
- Retirement & Lifestyle
- Social Networking
- Travel & Education
- US Government Resources
50Plus - Jobs & Volunteer Opportunities
- AARP - Careers
Information for adults over 55 about finding jobs, self-employment, employee rights, negotiating for a raise / promotion, and much more.
- Senior Corps
Senior Corps is a network of programs that tap the experience, skills, and talents of older citizens to meet community challenges through its three programs - Foster Grandparents, Senior Companions, and RSVP (the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program).
- Senior Service America
SSA is a non-profit organization providing employment and training opportunities to seniors across the country. The SSA website provides information about its programs across the country.
This site, maintained jointly by several federal agencies, offers a unified, easy-to-use web portal with information about volunteer opportunities across the country.
Tease Your Brain!
United States Trivia: Can you answer these questions?
- Which state is known as the "Garden State" (New Jersey or Florida)?
- Where is the Grand Canyon (Colorado or Arizona)?
- Where is Cape Hatteras (North Carolina or South Carolina)?
Upcoming Library Events
Tue, Sept. 16
Wed, Sept. 17
- Aptos Writing Group
- Branciforte Library Book Discussion Group
- Re-Visioning Our Poems
- eConnect: Popular Computing Topics with Computer Dave
- Parenting Book Group
Thu, Sept. 18
- Munching with Mozart
- Downtown Library Book Discussion Group
- eBooks & More...
- Citizen Science: From Woof to Wolf
Sat, Sept. 20