- Computers & Technology
- Drugs & Medications
- Find Books
- General Interest
- Health & Wellness
- Jobs & Volunteer Opportunities
- Legal Topics
- Local Help & Information
- Retirement & Lifestyle
- Social Networking
- Travel & Education
- US Government Resources
50Plus - Health & Wellness
- NCCAM - National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
From the NIH (National Institutes of Health), this site offers reliable, up-to-date information on a wide range of integrative, complementary and alternative health topics; just a few of the many topics covered include acupuncture, homeopathy, herbs, and dietary supplements.
- NIH SeniorHealth
Features capability for text enlargement, contrast adjustment and sound capability; disease and condition-related topics of interest to seniors, wide range of short video clips, plus information about prescriptions/medications, exercise and general tips for a healthy lifestyle.
- Nursing Home Guide – Consumer Reports
Ratings of nursing homes across the country and tips for securing top-quality care.
- Procedure and Surgery Fact Sheets
Concise and understandable facts about hundreds of screening, diagnostic, preventive, and treatment procedures from Aurora Health Care.
- Senior Health
Up-to-date, easy to use site from the Stanford Health Library.
- When Hearing Grows Difficult
Practical information and links for people facing loss of hearing or in need of hearing aids. From AARP.
- Women: Stay Healthy at 50+
Downloadable booklet for women from the federal government's Agency for Health Research and Quality. Reinforces important advice about healthy eating and sufficient exercise, regular medical checkups, disease prevention, along with charts and forms to help people keep track of their health care and medications.
Tease Your Brain!
Word Trivia: Can you answer these questions?
- What is a "ramekin" (a long pole or a baking dish)?
- If you ordered a "bloater" in England, what would you get ( a cabbage roll or a smoked fish)?
- What does an "Anthropologist" study (man or diseases)?