Learn About the Library...
About the Library — Library Joint Powers Board
The current agenda packet, as well as a one year back file, are also available for reference use at the Downtown Branch Library.
The Board consists of nine members:
- Two members are appointed by the Santa Cruz City Council from among its members.
- Two members are appointed by the Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors from among its members.
- One member appointed by the Capitola City Council from among its members.
- One appointed by the Scotts Valley City Council from among its members.
- Three At-Large citizens are appointed by majority vote of the Board from the qualified electors of the Library Service Area and representing the geographic diversity of the area.
Powers and Duties
- Joint Powers Agreement
- Library Joint Powers Board Bylaws
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Library District Map (jpg)
The Library Joint Powers Board oversees the operations of the Santa Cruz City County Library systems, setting policies and exercising responsibilities delegated to it in the Joint Powers Agreement. For more information on the duties and procedures of the Board, see the Bylaws. For information on the business agreement between the City of Santa Cruz and the Board, see the Memorandum of Understanding.
LJPB Budget Sub-Committee
- The Thursday, June 20 Meeting has been canceled. Check back for the next scheduled meeting's agenda.
- Motion Log
Teresa Landers, Library Director
117 Union St., Santa Cruz, CA 95060